Thread: A good idea ?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #13
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Someone on another Forum has asked if why a lot more languages aren't covered with built-in facilities.
I thought it a bit excessive to expect every language to be covered.

But then I might have had a good idea ?

If the reader has a card capability - Sony, etc - couldn't any dictionary - provided it's available in eform - be downloaded onto the card, and then accessed in that way ?

If it would work, surely it must have been thought of before ?

I think card capability is the least problem. You could do it with a download to the device itself, too. And you could combine this download with a forced registration that companies love so much.

One problem is that there are simply not that many dictionaries in digital form. The English language is covered very good but if you're searching for dictionaries between two other languages (like German <-> French) then you have great difficulties finding them.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote