View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #39
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I just found and am almost done with the third of the five book "Baroque Mystery" series by Beverle Graves Myers set in 18th century Venice (and a bit around other various parts of what was not quite yet Italy). Obviously I've enjoyed them so far. Hero/sleuth is a castrato opera singer, Tito Amato.

I also really like the long-out-of-print and not available in e-book "Stone Angel" series by Marvin Albert. Hero is a half-American/half-French private eye, Pierre-Ange Sawyer. (Pierre-Ange translates literally to "Stone Angel" in English.) The books really give me a sense-of-place for the south of France, and also for parts of Paris. I used to have a job that took me to France from time to time, and I've visited several of the places in the books (Arles, Eze, St Remy, the Camargue and Stes Marie de Mer, Cannes, etc.) and when I arrived in each of these places, the descriptions made me feel as if I had already been there before.

Last edited by sufue; 11-03-2011 at 10:27 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote