View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Detaile step-by-step for Windows

As requested, this is how I applied the hack on my Windows XP PC.
  1. Install SQLiteSpy free program.
    Note: I used version 1.8.11, which is not the current version, so I hope this step-by-step is still correct.
  2. Attach the PRST1 to the PC and copy the file
    [int memory:]\Sony_Reader\database\books.db
    to the PC. I also took a 2nd copy for backup 'just in case'.
  3. Launch SQLiteSpy and open the copied books.db file using
    File - Open Database
  4. Copy Kolenka's code, from post #1, into the code panel - see attachment
  5. Run the code, Execute - Execute SQL
  6. Check it has run correctly by expanding the left panel (see attachment)
    main - Tables - books - Triggers
    You should see 2 triggers. The one you have just added is the 2nd one, called recently_added_trigger
  7. Exit SQLiteSpy. When it asks if you want to 'Save Changes to CREATE TRIGGER ...?' You can say No as the database has already been updated.
  8. Copy the updated file, books.db back to the PRST1 overwriting the original.
  9. I don't use an SD card, but if you do you will need to update the books.db file on the SD card in the same way as for the internal memory one.
  10. Disconnect the PRST1 in the normal way.
  11. Read Kolenka's caveat in post #1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sqltrigger.jpg
Views:	9698
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	78023  

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-25-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typo
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote