View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
lorenzoens
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Hi Lorenzo,

EDITED TO ADD: that whole 1-2 year thing is really the worst case: the company closes, no longer supports the device. That's why I framed it that way, because I would expect that that is your worst case scenario. There are many more, better case scenarios. But if you can live with the worst, you can surely live with something better!
This is important: I'm totally fine with the basic software, I just need it to work properly without troubles.

Last december 31 I bought an Asus dr900 and a week later I returned it and got refunded, because it really wasnt able to do what the advertisings spoke about: no annotations, no highlights, and the screen's grey sucked bad.

My main concern is about these functions on the e-ink screen. Do they work flawless at present?

Plus I have to say, I would really hate to buy a device which cant even last 2 years. That would be a waste of money and bad environmental threatening. I hope it can last at least four-five years. I just care about functionality, dont look after trends or animated menus or hd vids: need a mobile pro tool to work on texts...

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-23-2011 at 02:39 PM.