View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Anyone out there with a new iPod touch 5th generation? If so, how is the battery life?

I've owned iPod touch 1st, 3rd, and 4th generations, and they were all pretty lackluster on battery life. The 4th generation was terrible. The battery specs for the new 5th generation really don't look much better than those for the 4th, so I'm skeptical that it will last more than 3 hours reading at about 50% screen brightness. My 4th generation rarely made it to 3 hours while reading.

The 5th generation looks nice except for the battery issues, if indeed the battery is an issue.
Quite curious about this, too. I also have a 4th gen and battery life is pretty bad for reading. It's got good battery life if you don't need the screen on (e.g. music playback) but with the screen on (e.g. reading), battery life is so short. Given the new dual-core CPU, bigger screen and the very minor bump in battery life, I have the feeling battery life on the 5th gen iPod would be similar to previous versions.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote