View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #7
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokel22 View Post
May I ask something completely noobish that could potentially make me look like the biggest idiot in the world? Can you just copy all of the files on the hard drive and delete/paste past in the back-ups in the case of a problem.
You don't have to be long winded, but why wouldn't that work? (more of a curiosity than suggestion)
Probably, but I haven't done it. Most modern guides tell you to make a nandroid backup (via Clockwork) and copy the images somewhere safe. I haven't tried other loaders like magldr or RZ yet.

I think you'd have to ADB dump system/boot/cache, etc. etc., although I don't know if you get a usable update.zip that way. Also, enTourage messed with root/adb permissions in ermine. See jcase's post on androidpolice about it. He found the Dingo debug password, and then ermine locked it, and there was a bunch of nitty whining on the edge forums and jcase dropped all development on the device. Read the comments. It's quite sad.

ptsenter claims to be using adb successfully on ermine, so maybe he has some input. I don't know if he is successfully pushing.

I do kinda have to be long-winded. I was very bored when I made that first post. :P
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote