View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 AM   #28
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
The hypocracy of the whole geo restrictions issue is that publishers refuse to even consider that their own restrictive business models contribute to the increased numbers of frustrated ebook purchasers turning elsewhere to obtain an ebook they want to buy, are happy to buy but cannot. Then they gripe about piracy being an issue?

I cannot even buy ebooks from a certain Australian SF author even though I reside in Australia, due to geographic restrictions. I have purchased all his ebooks to date via convoluted means to defeat the restrictions at least ensuring he got some royalties from me.

Diesel did tell me that they agree with their customers but must abide by the agency 5 demands.
Yeah, this can get fairly hilarious.

Get book from library here, no problem.
Buy book here, no problem except for paying 15 dollars extra or whatever.. (So US publisher and UK publishers and retailers lose a sale).
Buy UK version of book from Book Depository in UK (US and Australian publishers and retailers lose sale)
Buy US version of book from Book Depository in UK (UK and Australian publishers and US retailer lose a sale).
Buy UK version of book from Amazon (US and Australian publishers and Australian and UK retailers lose sale)
Buy US version of book from Amazon (UK and Australian publishers and retailers lose a sale).

Buy ebook from UK? Nope.
Buy ebook from US? Nope.

Both the last two of course are identical to two of the above scenarios as to who the losers are. Except of course for the percentage of people that say 'screw you, I'll get it for free'.

Then everybody above loses.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote