View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Fellas, I can see the formatting things, the elimination of blank spaces, ability to override CSS, etc. but we had nothing but page numbers or occasionally chapter headings alternating with book titles in paper, maybe we're getting a teensy bit spoiled wanting page numbers left in chapters, progress bars, etc. Can't one simply go to the TOC and get that? If not, maybe bitch about the missing TOC instead of continually dreaming up more code bloat, flower vases, and gingerbread to needlessly complicate a design. That or at least ask for the ability to configure options like that and selectively disable them. I don't want a screen full of crappola, just a simple book substitute with a nice clean look to the page, elegance through simplicity is never a bad way to go.

Honestly, I realize we'd all like different little touches, but I wonder that sometimes we focus more on little things we don't have than all that we do have. My biggest hope is that as features are added they will always include the ability to leave them out as well.
When you consider the niggling little (and apparently sometimes controversial) changes/enhancements being requested, the conclusion that many seem to miss: the firmware must be pretty good if this is all users are asking for.

So I will opine at this point, despite any improvements/enhancements I may pine for, overall I am very happy with the reading experience on my KT as well as the operation of the Kobo book shop. If development stopped today, I would keep using my Kobo and still be satisfied. It was purchased over a year ago and I feel that I received good value.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote