View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I enjoyed the initial 3 Honor Harrington books a lot, but the remainder simply get bogged down in too much politics, bloated descriptions, recounting previous events etc.

Overall I do enjoy the series though, but it can be heavy going, punctuated by very good action.
Weber does do a lot of info dumping, but mostly on the technical side, which the OP may actually enjoy. I agree about the recounting of previous events, but I think that's only an issue if you're able to read the books one right after the other instead of a year or two apart.

I find that reading the novellas from the anthologies, in their intended chronological order, helps put a least a little needed space between the books, especially when there are more than one to be read.

I've just started Ashes of Victory (Honor Harrington #9) . I stopped to read one novella between chapters 2 & 3 (as suggested), there is another one meant to be read after chapter 33, and there are 4 others that come before book #10.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote