View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 02:51 AM   #4
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
You're right about the Cybook. It's awkward to turn pages while holding it left handed. There is a row of four buttons which would make it easier, however buttons cannot be reassigned. There's a new firmware overdue, and was mention of buttons being changed, specifically the "enter" button. If that was changed to be 1 page forward then it would be a little easier reading with the left hand, ultimately though one of the 4 side buttons if assigned to page forward would be ideal, but I don't see that coming any time soon.

Aside from that the Cybook is fantastic. I have no regrets in buying mine.

Something important to remember about the font is the spacing. All of the default fonts on the Cybook (in my opinion) have too much line spacing. That's relatively easily changed - there's even a font file someone has created on these forums which to me seems right. It's not just about being able to alter the size of the font, the advantage is being able to alter everything about the font.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote