View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 02:09 AM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I would love to see an e-ink screen with a Lightwedge-style front light built in. You can't actually back light e-ink but the real issue, of course, is not where the light goes but being self-lit. Most of the time reading, I have ambient light and e-ink is way better to read in daylight where my HTC 6800 was impossible. Plus I blew through the battery really quickly on the lit screen where my Kindle easily goes for a week between charges. (I don't use the wireless much.) A few LED lights wouldn't suck much battery power, and would be a nice addition.

I have to agree with Gideon on seeing e-ink in person. It's amazing how much kinder it is to the eyes. There's a reason many of us are willing to spend that kind of money on a stand alone reader. We're not crazy. I spend all day staring at LCD screens and I come home bloodshot. When I look at an e-ink screen after a day of that, I can feel the difference.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote