View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Easy hard drive data archiving with a USB hard drive adapter

I first heard about the NewerTech USB 2.0 Universal Drive Adapter some time ago from JkOnTheRun. If I remember correctly, it was presented as a nifty way to hook up an internal (and therefore cheap) hard drive to a computer via USB, and a great alternative to buying an external drive or an enclosure.

What struck me about it was the opportunity to use it for archiving all those backups on hard drives. It's probably not a great solution for a permanent hard drive storage that's always attached to your PC, but if you want to be able to leave it in a drawer or move it between computers, this is a pretty good gadget. And at about $25, you can probably recoup your investment with the first internal hard drive you buy instead of an external hard drive.

Mobility site currently has a great review of the NewerTech USB adapter, and they say "it does exactly what it is supposed to do: seamless connectivity to a myriad of different drives".
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote