View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
wilderf3353
wilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enoughwilderf3353 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
I got it to work by doing the following (it is a twisted trail...):

- I configured Calibre to use my GMail account for email as a mail server

- Under "Sharing books by email" in Calibre, I added my GMail Email with "auto send" turned on

- All news in Calibre is scheduled for automatic download

- I create a new free private Google group called Franks_Kindle and configured my Kindle to allow emails from the new Group (via amazon.com, "Your Kindle Approved E-mail List").

- I create a new free private Google group called Marys_Kindle and configured my wife's Kindle to allow emails from the new Group.

- I added a new forwarding address on my GMail account that goes to both groups. Google sent the confirmation code to the groups and I was able to validate the forwarding addresses in GMail. (If only I could do this via my kindle's email address...)

I then created a series of filters in GMail to automatically forward Calibre News emails to the proper groups. If both of us are interested in a news feed, it goes to both groups. If only one of us is interested in a news feed, it goes to only that person's Google group.

As an example:
- Matches:
- from franksgmail@gmail.com
- subject:LifeHacker
- Do this: Forward to Franks_Kindle , Delete it

Does this make sense?

Last edited by wilderf3353; 02-13-2011 at 09:20 PM.
wilderf3353 is offline   Reply With Quote