View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #73
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Ah...Battery life. One of the biggest trade-off today is with batteries is do you go with a li-whatever and have a long battery life (but have to recharge it in place) or used NImh batteries at half the capacity but in a standard form factor (such as AA or AAA), so you can swap batteries when they go flat, and recharge the old ones separately from the device. (And keep on using the device.)

I'm a big fan of the latter, but most of the rest of the gadget world believes in LI-whatever. I wish somebody would make an e-ink e-book reader that used standard form batteries (even with half the capacity). Then, I might think the device will outlive the battery. (And not go flat at an inconvienent time, requiring hours of recharging time to make the gadget functional again.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote