View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
yarongolds
yarongolds began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
PocketBook DOES read Hebrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevAizik View Post
I bought ebook in Hebrew (Epub) and transferred it to Pocketbook 301 (Firmware 15.2). Pocketbook opens the file, but the text disoriented (backwards). Adobe digital Edition does the same problem, but FBReader works great. How can I solve this problem? The site I bought the ebook from (mendele.co.il) claim they tested their files and they work on Pocketbook.
In order to read Hebrew ePub files from http://mendele.co.il on PocketBook devices, you need to click and hold the book name until a menu appears, select "Open With..." from the menu and select "FBReader". FBReader reads Hebrew ePubs correctly.
Abobe ADE, as well as Sony devices do not support RTL (Right To Left). We have asked Adobe to fix that (it appears to us as a small fix) but it is not even in their road-map. Right now we have tested and verified the following to support Hebrew ePub files: Stanza on iPhone, iPad, iPod-Touch ; iBooks on iPad and iOS4 ; FBReader on PocketBook 360, 301, 302 ; eVrit (a Qisda based device sold in Israel) ; FBReader on Windows and Linux ; EPUBReader Add-On to FireFox on all platforms.
You are welcome to more details in our site or send questions to support@mendele.co.il
BTW: Adobe ADE does not even access the Hebrew fonts present in the system (neither in the PocketBook nor on a Mac/Windows) you would normally see question marks instead of Hebrew characters. However, the ePub files coming from us include embedded DejaVu Hebrew fonts to cover for such cases.
yarongolds is offline   Reply With Quote