View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #10
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Really?!?! That seems awfully strange. What purpose do they serve - other than to separate paragraphs? Are they to space out the words?? Sorry, I've never studied French, just German, Arabic, Korean, and some English and am curious.
French language writers use them mainly with some punctuation signs, then for dates, numbers, civilities and some abbreviations. But we do not use them to separate paragraphs.

This is a good enough French introduction of their use.

Happily God invented Regexes...

@Iznoggod

It should not be a display problem. AFAIK,   have never been hidden in Sigil, contrary to other entities like nnbsp. Once inserted again, they stay visible. But it could well be the explanation. My former   seem to have been replaced by normal spaces.

@Arios

This happened
- using OpenOffice and unpatched writer2xhtml to EPUB
- using LibreOffice and 149_patched writer2xhtml to EPUB
which make me suspect it could be a Sigil trick.

For Sigil preferences, I keep PrettyPrint but I do not ask Sigil to check when opening and saving.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote