View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Kjelgaard, Jim: Big Red. v2. 13 Oct 2011

My first contribution to the library; I hope it passes muster.

Jim Kjelgaard was one of the very first authors that I ever went looking for, and Big Red was the first of his stories that I read. I hesitate to call it Young Adult, but Children seem to be too young. Many of Jim's works were serialized in 'Boys Life' magazine (the magazine of the Boy Scouts of America) in the '50s.

It is the story of a teenage boy, living with his dad in the wilderness, who finds a most remarkable dog, and, in taking care of the dog, grows into a man.

If I can get permission from the artist, I will add the illustrations which came along with the scans. They are also wonderful.

v2 uploaded. Added in-line Contents, and made style sheet consistent with Irish Red and Outlaw Red. - 13 Oct 2011

Last edited by pholy; 10-13-2011 at 08:22 PM.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote