View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #14
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Just got home from my trip to La-la land; Osaka's computer district and a three-floor department store for JUST PlayStation!

They must have had at least 12-15 different types and brands of chargers. Everything from AC only, AC plus USB, USB only, AC charger plus USB data port, retractable cables, Multi-colored cables, etc., etc., etc. Prices rand from $6 USD to $20 USD. All handled voltages from 100 to 240, which is good because I travel to a lot of SE Asian countries that use 240, and always have to carry adaptor plugs for the different socket shapes. Oddly enough, I've only find one country (Thailand,) that has sockets that can handle three different plug configurations. Anyway, I now have two different chargers to try out and play with, so I'm listening to music to I can run down the battery more quickly to see how well they work.

Harry, the clerk in the store tells me that it should charge from the AC to USB, so I picked up a cheap one of those to try... I'll let you know if I have any success with it. I know that you said it won't work, but someone else here said that they use it. I'm going to give it a shot. I'll let you know the outcome. If it doesn't work, the worst that should happen is that I'm out six bucks. That's the price of a cup of coffee here. That type of charger avoids carrying the heavy brick of the regular AC charger when traveling.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote