View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 06:43 PM   #241
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykiwi View Post
Could you make it add any random character at the end? a %s.%random-alpha-char% or %s-%randomalphachar ('scuse my lack of python-fu, but that ought to be a fairly simple little function even if it's not a built-in right?) That would make every request be treated as "the first time".
The fact that the URL works with a dash or some other character after the id is in my minds a bug in the site. If they fix this and start returning an error when the characters after the id are not what is expected, what do you do? Or, just as likely, fix the code so that all variations of the URL for a book are treated the same.

But, my real problem with doing this is being a "good citizen". The proper URL has been blocked for a reason. We should respect that. Maybe we should work out why it was blocked in the first place.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote