View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Do you have the problem only with embedded fonts? I'd say it's more likely that the reader is trying to be smart by setting all text colours to black...

Other comments probably unrelated to your issue:

-I believe your markup is wrong, you have three titles, where you probably simply want one title with three components, why not use something like (I think it's more semantic):

Code:
<h2>
<span class="top">White text</span>
<span class="middle">Red text</span>
<span class="bottom">White text</span>
</h2>

h2 { background-color: #000000; color: #FFFFFF; }
h2 span { display: block; }
h2 span.middle { color: #C0081F; }
- The "text-transform" property is not supported by ePub. There's no harm in using it, it might work in some readers, but do not rely on it.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote