Thread: Indie Reads
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Eisengoth
Independent Author
Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Indie Reads

I've been adding independent (read: self-published) books into my reading list over the past month or so, because frankly, every time I go to the bookstore I see the same covers and the same titles over and over again... and unless there's something new in a series that I know and like, I don't tend to buy anything any more.

I just finished THE HERO ALWAYS WINS by Robert Eaton. I reviewed it on my blog - long story short, if you're a fantasy fan (like I am), it's worth significantly more than the cover price indicates. It's quite well-formatted and nicely edited, especially for an indie, and the story itself is a very atypical take on the fantasy genre. Long, too - probably ~160,000 words (320 pages on ePub).

Anybody else have indie books that they recommend? I'm looking for more!
Eisengoth is offline   Reply With Quote