View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #2007
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Story URLs?

Generally, that problem is caused by the author uploading extended characters in a different encoding than utf8--usually Windows-1252.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen angel View Post
Hi! The plugin used to work perfectly (huge thanks for it), but lately when I try to update a story I get this error: "'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc1 in position 29: invalid start byte" and it's the same for multiple stories, not a particular one. They are all from ao3, haven't tested it elsewhere.

EDIT: Tried it a couple more times without changing anything and the last time 2 stories updated. I am not sure if the rest have new chapters or not, but the comment on the log is still "'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc1 in position 29: invalid start byte" and not that it already contains x chapters.