View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
lovesangelrn
lovesangelrn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
you don't need the strip the DRM to edit things like author and title in calibre from Amazon downloaded book. I've changes several, and have never messed with the DRM. here's the steps i take:
1. from the library screen, click "add books"
2. find the book you want to add in the kindle drive (usually pops up just like a flash drive). The actually book is the .azw or .azw1.
3. Edit the meta data (be sure the author name in both fields is last name, first name in order of it to sort on the kindle correctly by last name).
4. from the kindle tab, highlight the book and click "delete book"
5. from the library screen highlight the book and click "send to device" This will send the book back to the kindle with the new metadata in place. The kindle recongizes it as an official copy, thus you won't see it pop up in your archives.

Note....if you delete your "edited" book from the kindle and redownload it from amazon, you get back the original metedata

To answer you question about archives....you can permantly delete from archives from the amazon website. From the kindle store (or "manage your account), click on "manage my kindle." Scroll down to the bottom, here you will find all the books you've ever purchased from Amazon. You can delete them from there. However, once you do, they are permantly gone, and if you ever want the book back, you will have to pay for it again.
lovesangelrn is offline   Reply With Quote