View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I received a reply from Sony:

Quote:
I would like to inform you that the eBook Library Software is not supported by 64 bit operating system.
Nice of them to tell us, eh? Instead they plaster "we support Vista!" over their site. I emailed them back:

Quote:
Thank you for the quick response Martin. I am disappointed to hear you do not support Vista x64, do you have any plans to in the future, or an estimate when you might?

Also, I would suggest your web pages be updated to reflect this, or at least a help topic added. When you go to the Download link on the ebooks.connect.com website, on the right it clearly states it supports Vista, making no distinction that it actually only supports 32 bit versions of Vista. It is the same when I look at help topic number 95 - "Does the eBook Library Software support Windows Vista?". It does not state anything about not supporting Vista x64.

Thanks again.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote