View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #55
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
There is are a host of small functionality fixes/upgrades that I would prefer to see before dithering with the mere aesthetics of the user interface. Frankly, I don't understand the noise: I think it looks great. People losing their minds over the colors of an icon? Really?

The only "aesthetic" complaint that I have is actually not aesthetic so much as it is functional: I wish the dropdown menus on the toolbar icons didn't require me to hover my mouse over such a narrow mini-button. Better yet than making it bigger would be accessing it through mouse gesture of some sort (right-clicking, or holding down the left-button).

But, as I said at the outset, even this "fix" is very low priority relative to some more fundamental functionality tweaks that I'd love to see.

In conclusion, ladles and jellyspoons, I love this product -- it beats the pants off everything else and it pains me to think that Kovid and his affiliated programmers would waste their precious time debating the appropriate color for the binocular lenses in the search icon.

Last edited by ElMiko; 09-23-2011 at 05:44 PM.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote