View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #75
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
Once we have a final feature list, I'll be sure to post it.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
Any ideas when that will be? I'm still torn between a Sony and a Kobo.
If you're holding your breath, then let it out... we don't want you to die!
The sony and kobo are completely different and are in different price brackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
What features does the latest Sony have that a Kobo doesn't? And aren't the Sony's A LOT more expensive?
Epically faster system, touch screen, annotation and notes, multiple bookmarks, e-ink pearl screen, better PDF handling... i could go on, but i'd risk another telling off via PM.

They're totally different devices to be honest. The Sony 650 is basically twice the price of the Kobo. The Kobo isn't trying to compete with the sony line; the Kobo is an entry level device that reads books (well.. did, now it's got wireless and stuff as well) and does it reasonably well with a nice 7" screen.
If you don't have heaps to spend then the Kobo is a great device... if money isn't a problem and you want some extra features, build quality and speed then have a look at the Sony.

It's horses for courses; choose what is right for you and will suit your usage. If a feature you want is missing, don't buy a device in the hope that it will be included in a firmware update... in the same breath, don't settle for something you think you can 'live with' in order to have an ereader, it will only come irritate you in the future.

I own the Sony 650 and the original (old school, yeah baby!) Kobo; they're both great. I have basically transitioned completely over to the sony because it had features that i wanted and were easy to access. That's me, you may be different (i hope you are, i'd hate to be me).

digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote