Thread: Merging files?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I don't think Calibre will combine multiple text files into an epub. For that matter, I don't think it'll combine multiple HTML files; you need another program to do the combining & create the TOC file.

If I'm wrong, please tell me! I'd love to be able to create ebooks by throwing multiple loose HTML files into a folder, zipping them, and pointing Calibre at them.
To merge multiple HTMLs when converting through calibre, all you need to do is create one HTML file that links to all the others. Kovid gives instructions on doing this in this post in the Workshop forum.

It wouldn't be hard to write a program that automatically generated an HTML file that linked to all the others in the directory. (Indeed, even my miniscule programming skills could handle this, I think -- let me know if you want me to try!) Creating your own, however, will give you more control over the order they appear in.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote