View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #74
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I think my biggest complaint about the book is that I could of cared less what happened to any of the characters in it, it didn't really feel like there was much of a plot or story at all....
That's the exact way I felt for the first third of the book. The characters didn't feel real, and I felt no empathy with them. Then they began to take on flesh and become real people. By the novel's end, I felt very much involved in their lives, especially Billy Pilgrim's, who was really, according to Kurt Vonnegut, Edward R. Crone, Jr. Crone was a young man whose gentle temperament was completely unsuited for military life, and who died in Dresden of what Vonnegut says was known as the "thousand mile stare"; that is, he would sit with his back to the wall in a catatonic state and wouldn't talk, wouldn't eat, and the Germans would not help him.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote