View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 07:12 PM   #7
Heather
Determined Newbie
Heather began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
My battery life is averaging 5-6 hours tops...and I seem to have a bit of a buggy unit with respect to battery charging. I have it plugged in, the little red light indicating the charging process is ongoing turns itself off and the machine (presumably) ceases to charge...but when I turn my iLiad on, it only has 2/3 or maybe 3/4 battery charge according to the icon. Even when I charge it overnight, I'd say about half the time it doesn't have a full battery (as indicated by the icon) in the morning. Second problem: my machine will seize up in mid-page-flip when the battery gets down to about 1/3 charge (according to battery indicator icon)...the way to fix the frozen machine? Plug it in and charge it.

So for purely reading purposes and almost NO stylus use or other functions, I am lucky if I get 6 hours. This seemed to improve a bit (i.e. I can now read a whole book on one charge) with the new software version update.

My one request/wish list item for the future is either a much better battery (how about as advertised??) or a less clunky way to read and charge the battery at the same time.

I've contacted tech support about this problem (along with the screen stripe that is multiplying/reproducing daily) and was told to "send pictures." Ah, right.

FWIW, I haven't read about anyone else having battery issues like mine. Not sure what is going on there, maybe I just got a bad battery. It happens. Like my bad screen...I'm going to be mightily peeved if I have to send my 3 week old iLiad back to Europe for repairs/replacement.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote