View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #64
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've never read or seen anything connected to the Twilight franchise so I can't offer an opinion there, but maybe your wife's enjoyment of the series is similar in some respects to the enjoyment I found as a teenager watching the original Dark Shadows TV series with my friends. For the most part the acting was bad, the writing was stilted, and the dialog was overblown; but the characters were lovable, and as corny as we knew the the plots to be, we quickly grew to care about their resolution. Above all, it was a hoot seeing boom microphones dropping down to screen level, reflections of cameramen and their equipment popping up in windows, shadows of crew members appearing in scenes where the actors were suppose to be alone, and a thousand other bloopers that seemed to occur on an almost daily basis.
OT, but I've just started watching Dark Shadows on Netflix and am loving it. You're right about still getting into the story and characters even with the bloopers and mistakes. A good story has merits of its own, even if the execution has flaws.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote