View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleice View Post
Aha! So that's the workaround! A Singapore credit card using a US residential address doesn't work, but a Hotel address might. Brilliant. Thank you!

Did you mean that you use the Sony desktop reader software, either Library or Reader? I'm trying to avoid installing the Sony software on my computer and do most things using Calibre or wi-fi. But then I guess the US Hotel address trick should work with the Reader Store setup in the T1.
I don't think it has to be a hotel any US adress should be fine. Its the sony reader PC software as the PRS650 doesn't have wifi. Should be the same for on the T1 device. I think the trick is to set your region to US and then use a US address. My credit card is an aussie Amex if that helps.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote