View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I think what I like about these novels is a certain atttitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
Thanks Don. You have reminded me how much I like the Mickey Spillane types of detective stories. Only trick will be figuring out which ones I like, and which ones are too dark, or boring of course! (I don't personally care for the ones that are too filled with "serious evil" and downers. I like the ones with "fun" and humor in them!)
...somehow the world is weary and out of whack - even desperate - but these characters still manage to "survive." As Faulkner said, regarding the human race, we endure. There's almost something "brutish" about these books and these characters. Even the style is a kind of front that highlights the desperateness of their world. They will survive in any way that they are able.

The Latimer title - one that I'll work on after I've had my morning coffeee - is a book I think you'll really like. ALL of Jonathan Latimer is great fun: It's like a 1940s screwball comedy.

Thank you for the kind words.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote