View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #29
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Microsoft isn't going away any time soon. But if it doesn't figure out how to catch the mobile wave (and it doesn't have a promising track record), it's looking at a long, slow decline into irrelevancy.
Typing on a tablet is just plain slower than typing on a keyboard. And, for most people, voice recognition errors are still much too frustrating. So there is a limit how far the shift from desktop to laptop to tablet will go.

Twenty years from now, I predict that tablets will be a low-end dollar store item, while the PC, probably mouse-less, is still going strong. If you say no one can predict the future like I just did, I can't much argue. But it's at least as good as any prediction based on taking current trends and projecting them into the future.

Within an hour or so I was hitting 80% of my regular typing speed on it, and it's firm enough to be used on a lap without too much loss of accuracy. In other words, Surface reduced his data entry speed 20 percent. And isn't the iPad even worse there?

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 12-01-2012 at 08:53 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote