View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #28
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
The problem is that the numbers are too large. A few pages per book adds up very quickly when you are talking hundreds of thousands of titles. It sounds good but it just doesn't work at that scale.
How do you choose which books to read now? I tend to stick to genres that I am already familiar with, though I do stray outside them now and again if something gets good reviews or someone with similar tastes to me says they liked it.

Before the internet, I was much more selective, and generally stook to authors that I was already familiar with.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote