View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #11
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
We will see... 6 day's till Macworld.
Hmm, probably not. The rumors were saying end of 2009 - and Apple never announces until the product is shipping.

Quote:
Apple isn't really about "low price" or "bargin" stuff. Which is firmly where Netbooks are aimed. The iPod is about "portability". So, a large iPod is an oxymoron such as jumbo shrimp.
Ahh, but Macheads have never cared about price - just about cool. Yes, I would guess in the $700-$1000 price range.

Quote:
I told my wife to return the iPod touch she got me for Christmas because I already have a Gen4 iPod which does what I need. (she wasn't happy)
Seriously!? I like my touch WAY better than my classic. It does so much more with the availability of over 10,000 apps. In fact, I mainly use it for things like games, checking weather, news, stocks, and controlling an AppleTV (which acts as a media server for the house) with the "remote" app. In fact, my classic nowadays just stays plugged in to my home audio system and is seldom used. In fact, I just dumped my data plan phone and went to a simple voice prepaid (saved about $800 per year) partly due to the touch. When I travel there are enough free WiFi hotspots that I can use the touch for web and email and it is FREE.

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT an Apple fanboy. I use a PC for most everything (We have 6 between 2 places). The only Apple stuff we have are Ipods, the Apple TV and my wife's Mac (easier for her to use than a PC).

Last edited by CCDMan; 12-31-2008 at 11:57 AM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote