View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieperry View Post
I'm a big fan of Gutenberg but I always have to convert their books into lrf before I can read them on my Reader. (Reading the pure text or html books on the reader doesn't work that well I've found).

I wonder if they'll start doing a mass conversion over to the epub standard.
Depends on the tools available, I think. PG starts with plain text output from OCR scans or transcriptions typed in by volunteers, Programs like GutenMark aid in converting the text files to HTML versions. If freely available tools appear to do the same thing as GutenMark but producing ePub output files, I expect to see such things begin to appear.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote