View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I received the following email this evening from Amazon:

[snip mail quote]

I did just try logging into my existing Amazon account and did get an error message. It does appear this is a legit email and they have closed it. So...what now? I have a Kindle and also use the iPad and iPod Touch app. I would like to be back in business here ASAP.
Telephone Amazon Customer Services immediately. It was almost certainly a phishing scam, and you've just handed your Amazon login details to the scammers by trying to log in through a fake Amazon web site.

You could try opening a new window, typing in the amazon web site address manually and logging in. If you get in, change your password immediately, before the scammers do so.

If I'm wrong, and it is a genuine email, you still need to talk to Customer Services. Closing an account because of suspicious activity is just wrong. Freeze it, sure, but not close it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote