View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
In real life I'm social at the bare minimum for daily existence. I like message boards because they allow me a measure of control over my social interactions. If I don't feel like 'talking' I can drop off the grid for awhile, no harm no foul.
Exactly. The way written discussions work they allow off time for digesting, making conclusions and thoughtfully composition of answers. content matters. In contrary to that in RL you are repeatedly forced to listen to speedomoronian; or even worse: read its written form: powerpointese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
I am very extroverted, but I wonder if heavy readers might more often be introverted? That might partly explain why this forum is weighted toward introverts.

My husband is as introverted as I am extroverted, and he has found that it is a problem in US business culture to be quiet and reserved for sure. I am interested in this book and will have to keep an eye on it.
As far as I can see the book is balm for your hubbies nerves.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote