View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #32
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post

Using this built-in lighting regularly is very unhealthy anyway. It should be used for emergencies only. Never at home, at least, where you can design and control your lighting.
Did you ever see a glowing in the dark printed book?
When the light is on, e-ink loses its purpose, you can use an LCD tablet just as well.
There is also an unhealthy tendency to use this lighting all the time so that the screen looks whiter.
I'd rather have a very compact but very good clip-on light in my pocket for emergencies (such as Ozeri Kandle II) than a contrast reducing permanent layer.
It's reflected light (similar to using a lamp), so why is it unhealthy? I using a clip on light regularly unhealthy (that's what I do)?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote