View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Help! Kindle for PC info needed

I couldn't find this information on Amazon, so came to ask the knowledgeable Kindle users at MR.

Firstly, I don't actually have a Kindle, but do have the Kindle for PC software. I was wondering whether this software did text-to-speech. If anyone knows, please tell me. I can't highlight and copy in order for my free version of Ultra Hal text-to-speech gizmo to faulteringly read the book with Microsoft Anna's voice (yuck). So was wondering if there's a built in reader. (The whole forum must know by now that I have attacks of labyrinthitis.)

Also, with the freebie Kindle books...how do I get them downloaded onto the software?
Sometimes there's a "download to Kindle for PC" link on the Amazon page, but not always. Does this mean it's not available for the PC software? Or that the link is elsewhere?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance for your help.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote