View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #117
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
Thanks Steffen, for your detailed explanations.

I am not sure if I have enough patience to do this but I can always hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siebert View Post
But I'm afraid that in your case (german-english dictionary) you will also face an issue with the inflection rules, as the current implementation doesn't handle words with special characters like german umlauts properly. That might be just a simple text encoding issue, but it could also be something which needs additional reverse engineering effort.
I noticed that with another dictionary. I suspect that it is a coding issue. That dictionary was in UTF-8 but it was expanded like Windows-1252.

Quote:
Do I understand that correct that on the Kindle device the popup window doesn't support images so you can't read the pronuncation?
It is exactly how it is.
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote