View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:15 PM   #14
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm I suspect an antivirus/malware program. That prc file certainly added perfectly to my installation of calibre (with the correct metadata as well)

Title: Telzey and Trigger
Author: James H. Schmitz
Sorry, I was jumbling up similar-looking error msgs from adding to the library and trying to convert to epub. I was able to add that file (with somewhat mangled metadata), but I couldn't get it to convert, though I ran it a couple of times.

I just tried it again. Here's the error msg:

Job: **Convert book: TNT - Telzey and Trigger**
**tuple**: ('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 935, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 893, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 147, in any2epub
File "contextlib.pyo", line 34, in __exit__
File "contextlib.pyo", line 113, in nested
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 137, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 46, in mobi2opf
IndexError: list index out of range

**Log**:
Exploding MOBI file: c:\docume~1\jeff\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.4.121_x_1 8gw.prc
[WARNING] Unknown codepage 235802126. Assuming cp-1252
('IndexError', u'list index out of range')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 935, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 893, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 147, in any2epub
File "contextlib.pyo", line 34, in __exit__
File "contextlib.pyo", line 113, in nested
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 137, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 46, in mobi2opf
IndexError: list index out of range

I did, however, get all of the Tor free books to load and convert, but only after I moved them to a folder on a different machine.

One thing I'm doing here is trying to decide whether I like the Sony Reader enough to put up with having to convert a large number of Mobipocket files to read on it. (But my wife has a new ipod Touch, so I'm also creating the epub files for her.)
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote