View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #29
b0ned0me
Connoisseur
b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
That's what I asked too, and the general response (from five of them) was the same: "Because they don't. Now who's the professor and who's the student? Right, thought so."

Each of them had also been published multiple times in major litfic circles, so they can't all be wrong.
I'm pretty sure I've read more than one book which starts with the character about to do something dramatic (like, draw their last breath) and the entire book has been a series of flashbacks telling the story of how they ended up there - with lots of action.

I suspect that in this specific instance your professors are full of it, even if they are otherwise ineffable founts of priceless wisdom.
b0ned0me is offline   Reply With Quote