View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkewei View Post
Thank you for doing this, ixtab! You mentioned that one can ssh access kindle over wifi when USB networking is enabled. Could you please elaborate more on that in the Wiki page?
Hmm... I'm not sure what more I could write :-D
Which information are you missing?

You simply turn on ";un", then from any machine, ssh root@<kindle's ip>.
The only problem is determining the IP -- is that what your request was about? I personally did it by looking on the router. There doesn't seem to be an easy way of finding it out on the kindle itself.

Give the ";711" shortcut a try. It displays a diagnostic page including some of the network configuration. Unfortunately, this only works (for me) if Wifi is off. If it is on, the relevant section just stays "null". This *might* be related to my personal setup though (I'm using Enterprise WPA and need to configure wpa_supplicant directly).

Please try this and report back.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote