View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badakongdonk View Post
The utilities were linked by certain users when responding to others. Do you need those links?

Originally I was trying to downgrade (using diags) through this method: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/README.txt. I was up to step 4, in the process of accessing my Kindle through SSH, when I went through the menu and hit install fastboot by accident.
I didn't overwrite anything, I didn't actually get to touch any of the files, so they remain untouched, it's just the kindle that's stuck.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite 2.
Hmm...
You are following the directions for a Kindle Touch while having a second generation Kindle Paperwhite.
(Different SoC / cpu / gpu - about the only thing the same is the case and the name.
I certainly hope you did not put the KT or PW1 firmware files on the device.
There is a different process / set of directions for downgrading a PW2. )

Let us see if we can get you out of this corner you painted yourself into.

Did you complete step 3?
I.E: Can you ssh into the Kindle?
(It may not be "stuck" - some of the steps do not change the screen display.)

If not, then you didn't make it to step 4 (yet).

- - - -

PS: Stop trying to do this under Windows -
Boot your PC with the Kubrick Live CD (it runs Linux, memory resident), and then access the Kubrick command line (alt-f3) for the manual tools.)

Last edited by knc1; 07-03-2014 at 08:11 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote