View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #28
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward M. Grant View Post
Why? It won't run their existing software (unless they pay more for the Atom version), won't have the Windows UI they've been using for years, and even if they get the keyboard dock that just makes it a crappy netbook for three times the price of a real crappy netbook.

The last time I remember home users getting excited about a new version of Windows was 1995.
I'm not crazy about tablets, and/or touchscreens. I have a tablet which I rarely use although it works quite well.

My roommate has an iPad 3 which is nice and shiny and all, but neither of us is too excited about it.

I am not a diehard Windows fan, but until something significantly better for my use comes along I will continue using it.

The Asus may be crappy (obviously you have used it) but I am not a jump on the bandwagon sort of gal and I expect that hardware and Microsoft will come up with something pretty acceptable if not better eventually. Time will tell.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote