View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #50
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
ETA: I have yet to see why anyone thinks it would be better to have blind voting. Those of us who like the open vote have mentioned curiosity, familiarity with the literary profile of other MR members, enhanced strategic voting, among other reasons. But what is appealing about blind voting? "Fair" is applying a value to it that doesn't really obtain; any method can be fair if there's no overt coercion or multiple votes. What's the advantage? I'm really curious.
An honest uninfluenced vote. No voting because your friend voted for it, no voting against because your enemy voted for it, no voting because "well its going to win, anyway", nor voting against becuase "well its going to lose anyway".
Also, if we can't see the votes before hand then it should also go without saying that we would not mention the specific book that got our vote. The result would then be a complete surprise for everyone, which I think might even make it more interesting over all.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote