Thread: NYT Kindle obit
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #13
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowen View Post
Before I bought an ereader I was probably of the same opinion that something like the notion ink adam is the future (and I think you need the dual eink/lcd screen tech). But having taken the plunge then I realise that screen size is the key here. There will be a market for ipad size devices to both read on and do other things (read technical books and make notes etc). But the small dedicated ereader has a market for fiction readers, albeit one with color screen and minimal bezel in time for a small cost ($50). I don't want to sit and read with an ipad, I want a smaller device I can hold in one hand and read with.
I wouldn't want to hold an iPad for hours, either. I read mine propped in an easel and/or on a cushion. Many iPad owners use some type of prop, often cases with stand features. I do all my e-reading on iPad now. The big screen, adjustable backlighting, variety of book-reading apps are great, I find. Not knocking dedicated devices for those who prefer them. It's just that uses and preferences (and eyesight) will vary.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote