View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
I am getting slightly confused here by a number of opinions.

Firstly that $15 is expensive.
I feel thats a very good price for a NEW Ebook Id expect to pay around $20 for a HB copy.

it may seem expensive because of Amazons discounting but it really imo isnt overly expensive.

Why do we believe an Ebook should be less than a HB?

surely as many on here believe its the content that is important? if a HBs cost of delivery, production etc is less than a couple of dollars, then an Ebook price a couple of dollars under HB seems reasonable to me.

The same should then apply when release as a PB an Ebook price of say a dollar less.

The industry doesnt seem to have 'got'/managed this yet, but i believe they will get there.

But in the meantime why are we unhappy at what seems a reasonable price?
Ebooks are an inferior product. I do not agree with the mantra that it is simply the words inside that matter.
Ebooks are inferior to even the cheapest paperbacks. Paperbacks are much less expensive than hardcovers.
I have no interest or sympathy for the publisher's side of things. Perhaps if I knew their business personally and wanted to support them on principle, I'd be willing to pay more for an inferior product to help them strengthen their ability to provide better products for the same price. Otherwise, I will not opt to pay more for a lesser product.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote