View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #28
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by khmann View Post
Any update on a recovery kernel for 3.2.1?

I just bought my girlfriend a K3 B006 SO on sale. She's not a hacker and would prefer the stock kindle experience (amazon store, software updates, social networking features)... While she would happily pay $25 to avoid SO, my unit didn't have them; has not, and will not ever accept EULA or connect to the internet. And its actually running a K1 s# for DRM purposes. So I dd'd all 3.8mb of the stock mmcblk0 image from my 3.1 unit over top of hers for full idme compliance, even swapped my 3g card and SIM to complete the illusion.

Everything works as expected. Does this mean I am running 3.1 kernel on 3.2.1 software? I thought it might, but seemed like an acceptable risk.

How do I apply recovery kernel to this unit? I had to remove jailbreak to get online stuff working, I assume because of certificate change. Maybe now that unit has it's private key I can put it back and run the installer, but I would rather just do it command line.

Thanks for your hard work.
I don't get what you're asking. It seems like you got everything figured out. If you are using the 3.1 software, you can use my recovery kernel, if not I don't know if it works or not.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote